Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dad-Gum Short Term Memory Failure : Reboot! Reboot!

Good Evening,

I woke up this morning with the best title for my blog today and thought to myself..."Don't forget that title - it's perfect! - total eye catcher!" And what do you know - I can't remember. And I am so bummed out about it. Short term memory gets worse and worse as you get older.

Maybe it will come to me while I post this update. Let's pray.

This week has been an interesting one to say the least. Two days (four total if you count the weekend) where family was off from school and home 24/7. Had a great meeting with an friend down in San Diego. Got to meet an amazing spouse of a woman I am volunteer with at church/school and he has worked wonders just today (thank you god - keep your fingers crossed).

So...all-in-all...I think that it's been a great week especially compared to other weeks I've had and shared with you. ~This is when I think "you" need to take note and mark these days so you can fall back upon them when you're having those, more frequent, "not-so-good" days. Hence my Adobe Illustrator artwork below.



One last thought for the evening. I need to heed my own advice - I can hear myself telling myself this right now even before the words become reality and type themselves on this blog page...

(Side Note: I heard that those who talk to themselves are actually way above average intelligence. Well...even if it's not true... I'm taking it ! Take em' when you can get em'!)

It's not always going to be bad. There has to be a balance in the world.

--Good cannot exist without evil.
--Evil cannot exist without good.

The ol' yin and yang theory. And it's true.

YOU also control how you react to those bad days. As I am slowly learning. I have found this trick works for me - maybe it will work for you, maybe it won't.

Less reaction to the bad = happier state of being.

Until next time.

Stay Cool.

Amanda

P.S. That killer title I had - never came to me. Oh well...I'll remember one of these days and use it in another post in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment