Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Simplicity of a Dog

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Man...talk about a crazy, hectic week. This has been one for the books. And it's primary theme:

Patience

Which, by the way, I have none or atleast very little of. Today's reclaiming me is all about patience and finding it when you need it. That's why I'm going to breifly talk about what I mean by "simplicity of a dog".

Honestly, reclaiming me is really about you and everyone reading this blog. You're looking for someone to relate to or for a solution that just might work this time that someone else has pioneered. Here's yet another suggestion on how to look at life. Sometimes all you need is a little perspective change.


Imagine you're a dog. First, of course, pick what kind of dog you want to be. What are your primary concerns? Food.....(yup).....Water......(yup)......AFFECTION.......(Totally).

And if your lucky, a nice, warm, dry, comfortable place to sleep. Other than those needs, nothing else really matters.

And when you spot a bird and start a chase - that's a luxury and a highlight of your day! Or maybe you get to go to the dog park and sniff a few new butts...right? That again, is the best day of your dog life up until this point! What's tomorrow going to bring! It's all so exciting.

So, as I am learning, slowly, enjoy life's simplicities. Both the good and the bad. As I am sitting here, outside, watching my chocolate lab Daisy, and she is splayed out in the sunshine, litteraly smiling. Sniffs the air. Barks at the neighbors then promptly returns to lay by my feet. The only thing missing right now is a large, fuzzy tennis ball in which she can retrieve and go again. (But we will do that once I'm done with this post - little does she know)

So take a lesson from our finely furry friends, the canines, as I have today in reclaiming me and getting closer day by day.

ENJOY THE SIMPLICITY OF LIFE

Until Next Time.

Stay Cool.

Amanda (BARK!)

No comments:

Post a Comment