Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Internal GPS Defective



Good Morning,

I am currently not in my normal location but needed to do a blog post. I have a question to pose...

Has anyone felt like they don't know which was was up, down, left, right, in, out, or any other direction?


That's where my internal GPS has had some sort of malfunction. Reclaiming Me has had a serious internal GPS defect surface.

At least in the past, I've been moving forward. Just one direction. It's been foggy, couldn't see my hand in front of my face, taking baby steps, but now...nothing.

I'm am truly lost. What do you do?

I am honestly asking anyone out there in cyberspace...

What do you do?


I refuse to curl up into a ball and sit still because I feel like if I do, then I will get stuck there inevitable. Frozen in place. Time standing still. And I know that's just not right, not right for anyone.

I had an aunt say to me, "You're going through one of those dark periods that life gives you from time to time."

That's a scary thought.

I believe her but it doesn't lessen the intensity of the situation. I asked her, "Any idea how long these last? I am about tapped out."

She responded, "What's that saying, God only gives you what you can handle."

While I find some comfort in that statement, it's still frightening because of the unknown.

--Don't know how to react
--Don't know what's ahead
--Don't know where our lives are heading
--Don't know how we are going to survive
--Don't know what to decide
--Don't know...
--Don't know...
--Don't know...

Man am I rambling today. Sorry everyone. Well, I think you get what reclaiming me is trying to get at today.

The one thing I, you, anyone, cannot do is give up.

HOPE that it will work out. FAITH that the good people of this world will be rewarded. PATIENCE that perseveres through this dark time.

Stay strong my friends (I feel like that XX Dos Equis beer commercial dude saying that). The advice for the day. Just stay strong today and see what tomorrow brings.

Until Next Time.

Stay Cool.

Amanda ;)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on this...though it's really hard to NOT curl up and ignore the world. I think part of the reason we get this feeling is because we are SO busy and SO overwhelmed with everything going on in our lives. We are always so stressed, and what do we do?? We take on even MORE because "somebody has to do it".
    Maybe one day we'll figure out the perfect balance...
    Lots of love to you and the fam <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    You are so right. It's all about balance and how easily we can all get out of balance. And its so hard to get it back. Two thumbs up for your comment. ;)

    ReplyDelete