Monday, January 17, 2011

The Wonder of Life

Hello!

I thought that maybe I would start a few different blogs since I have a few different ideas floating around in my head.

For those who don't know me, my name is Amanda Stuckey. I'm a normal, everyday person just like everyone else on the planet. I have my talents and specialties, I have my frustrations, I have my ups and downs, I have dreams and aspiration, I have failures and triumphs.

This particular blog is going to represent my journey through discovering who I exactly am. I personally believe that you change personalities as you grow up. As a child you try on different "faces" as I am watching my daughter currently go through this. She adapts to the children's attitudes around her. As you transition into adulthood, your personality solidifies through your experiences both positive and negative.

Sometimes, adults regress back to that stage of development. We transform and adapt to our environments and become creatures that aren't exactly who we are. We lose a sense of that solidity through heartbreak, loss, and challenges that ultimately defeat us. At this point in time, we HAVE to rediscover who we are and who we are meant to be. This is the point at which I am currently.

Now, I haven't lost anyone, thank God, but I have been defeated in a sense, but only temporarily. Through times of challenge you find out who's going to stick by you through thick and thin. And I know, this is just a regurgitation of what many, many philosophers and psychologist have preached for years but as stubborn and inflexible as adults are, you sometimes have to get jolted hard before you open your eyes to the reality of a situation. This is where you make a choice.

What's the choice?

You become defeated and crumble.

Or

You stand up, brush off, speak a few choice words, and begin to redefine yourself.

I've seen both sides of this wicked coin with different people. That first option is the most dominant choice most people make and that's scary and sad.

So, it's my hope that this blog acts as a guide which documents my own recovery so that it may help others get through this more quickly. These situations are sure to happen multiple times. Yes, multiple times. Some more debilitating than others but still the same beast, just in different disguises.

My first observation of this evil beast seems to fall mostly on women's shoulders. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not an "anti-male", "power hungry female", "110% for women's liberation movement" type of girl - some men are debilitated by this as well. But the majority of the one's I've personally witnessed are with women. Why? I'm not sure and don't know if I will ever know why but I do promise you if I find out I'll share it with you. But I do have some hunches...

Feelings of Inferiority?
Jealousy?
Prejudice?
Territorial?
Lack of Self Confidence?
Plain ol' Stupidity? (My personal favorite and I think the most likely even though I REALLY hate calling people stupid but sometimes it's the ONLY logical explanation.)

Anyway, I'm almost 99% positive that all those reasons will become obsolete once you rediscover your true self.

Well I think that's enough for now. I'll see if I can't find some good books to recommend next time I blog about this subject.

Thanks for listening, stay strong, and believe in yourself. It's extremely important.

Yours Truly,

Amanda B Stuckey

No comments:

Post a Comment