Monday, November 7, 2011

Pulling Out - Not What You Think

Morning!

First off, get your head out of the gutter. The title of today's Reclaiming Me is not referring to...you know...(keeping this as PG as possible for younger readers)but of getting yourself out of that "Pit of Despair".

If you've been following me for whatever reason, you've noticed that it has been like this from the beginning. Ups and downs. All the time. It can get tiresome you know. Anyway, hopefully you're not bored with this yet and hopefully I can tell you how I did it this time around.

Well first off, I prayed. And prayed hard. As I said earlier, I thought I had everything settled and somewhat under control. I had a plan of action. Had all the steps laid out and then it just went up in smoke.

I asked God what I needed to do. And like most times when you think you really need to hear him - he is silent. Allowing you to think on your own but mysteriously working in your life. One night I woke up out of a dead sleep with one word in my head: TRUST.

I interrupted that I must trust God and I need to trust that I am doing the right things to get what I need and what my family needs. If we get tangled up in the mess of the details then we lose focus on the big picture. And this is true not only in life (MPO = My personal opinion) but in business and sports and anything, or any goal you have. Trusting in yourself is really hard to do when you've grown up to not trust yourself or your intuition.

So start to trust yourself. Your instincts. In my case, God. Sorry for going all Holy-Roller on you today but I felt I needed to - and what did we just talk about - trust. Practicing what I preach. Thanks for listening.

Until Next Time.

Stay Cool.

Amanda ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment